Microsoft finally showed Windows 11 at its event, and it looks promising in terms of visual changes and feature set. It comes with a new start menu, a dedicated taskbar, a new Microsoft Store, and supports Android applications on Windows. 11. Wait. At the same time, Microsoft also released the PC Health Check application, which you can use to check whether your computer can run Windows 11. However, many users report that even modern Windows 10 PCs cannot work with Windows 11. So we analyzed this problem and found a solution and possible explanation for this error. So let us continue reading the guide without delay.
Everything You Need to Know About “This PC Can’t Run Windows 11” Error (2021)
Here we discuss the problem first, and then propose a solution. If this solution does not work for you, please skip to the last part to find out why you are experiencing this problem.
Why is PC Health Check App Throwing “This PC Can’t Run Windows 11” Error Even on Modern PCs
With the release of Windows 11, Microsoft hopes to strengthen the security of its operating system, and in 2017 began to work on safe Windows. Microsoft has instructed OEMs to install TPM (a security chip) in their laptops and laptops.TPM module is responsible for password protection, BitLocker management, login information verification, etc.
Since at least 2017, every Windows computer is equipped with a TPM, whether it’s TPM 1.2 or TPM 2. The problem is that most computers have TPM disabled by default, so the PC health check application keeps displaying the message “This error PC cannot start” Windows 11. “You can check TPM availability by pressing the key combination Win + R and running it
Otherwise, there seems to be confusion about the TPM version. According to Microsoft, the minimum requirement for running Windows 11 TPM is 2; however, the official compatibility document for Windows 11 points out that there are two layers: hard and soft. Hard Floor, even if the TPM version is 1.2, Windows 11 can still run.
For non-standard PCs, some motherboards usually do not come with a TPM. In this case, you can purchase a motherboard-based compatible TPM chip from Amazon. Some motherboard manufacturers provide TPM chips that can be inserted into the TPM slot.
Fix “This PC Can’t Run Windows 11” Error in a Few Easy Steps
- First, you need to boot into the BIOS or UEFI interface of your PC. You can do this by pressing the boot key continuously while your computer starts up.
Note: For HP laptops, it’s generally the “Esc” or “F10” key. As for other laptops and desktops, the boot key may differ. So make sure to find the specific boot key for your computer from the internet. If you are using a custom-built desktop, the boot key depends on the motherboard manufacturer.
2. After entering the BIOS/UEFI interface, look for something called “TPM” or Trusted Platform Technology. Also known as PTT (Platform Trust Technology) on some Intel-based computers. On AMD computers, you can find fTPM in the BIOS. Look around to learn more about advanced settings and make sure it is enabled or “available.” There may also be a TPM status, so please enable it.
3. Then look for the “Safe Boot” option in the various menus and turn it on. If the secure boot option is disabled, a password must be set in the BIOS. Unless you set a supervisor password or an administrator password, some laptops will not allow you to enable secure boot. Please set a password first, and then activate secure boot. Needless to say, you must remember the password; otherwise, you will not be able to access your computer, nor can you access BIOS
4. Finally, some users report that enabling “virtualization” in BIOS/UEFI helps to install Windows 11. Therefore, look for one of the following options: Intel Virtualization Technology or Virtualization Technology or Intel VTx or AMDV. Or “SVM Mode” in BIOS settings. In short, if you find something that looks like virtualization, please turn it on.
5. Now press “F10” and press Enter to save and exit. F10 is usually reserved for saving and exiting, but this key may vary depending on your computer. We recommend that you become familiar with this in the BIOS/UEFI footnotes.
6. Your computer will now restart with Windows 10. Open the PC Health Check again and click Check Now. This time the error “This computer cannot start Windows 11” should have disappeared. You should now see the message “This computer can run Windows 11”.
7. If you still get the “This computer cannot start Windows 11” error after enabling TPM, secure boot, and virtualization, skip to the next section for possible explanations.
Is Your Windows 10 PC Still Incompatible with Windows 11 Even After Enabling TPM?
If you meet all the hardware requirements to run Windows 11, but still get the same error, it’s probably related to the processor. Microsoft has released a list of Windows 11 compatible processors for Intel and AMD. Core processors such as i3, i5, i7, i9 are supported, but Windows 11 must install an 8th generation processor (released in 2018) or higher, which is a surprise. Processors below the 8th generation will not pass the Windows 11 compatibility test.
On the other hand, Windows 11 supports AMD processors, such as Athlon, EPYC and Ryzen processor series. Interestingly, Windows 11 supports Ryzen processors based on Zen+ architecture or higher. Almost all AMD processors released after 2018 are compatible with Windows 11.
So the bottom line is: if you have an Intel processor as early as 8. You will get the Windows 11 update, whether it is Insider Preview or the stable version, please refer to our linked article for answers.
If it even passes the CPU test and the application still throws an error, it is most likely an error. Steve Dispena, vice president of product management at Microsoft, has confirmed that a new update for PC Health Check will be available soon. Wait for the update to see if your computer supports Windows 11.
However, if your computer does not support all Windows 11 standards, i.H. If you have an older processor or no TPM chip, you don’t have to worry about it now.
Microsoft will provide Windows 11 updates to unauthorized Windows Insiders, so there must be a way to run Windows 11 on unsupported devices. We just have to wait and see if Microsoft decides to relax the restrictions as it develops. o The developer community is looking for ways to install Windows 11 on unsupported computers (except 32-bit PCs). As far as I know, older processors can run Windows 11.
Find the Fix to “This PC Can’t Run Windows 11” Error
Therefore, this is our detailed explanatory guide on why the PC health check keeps throwing incompatibility errors. As mentioned earlier, if you still face the same problem after enabling all system requirements, it is most likely due to an unsupported processor. , We are all. For the features that Microsoft removed from Windows 11, please visit the link in the article. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments.