Apple will release the iPadOS 15 software update at the same time as the iOS 15 update for iPhone users.
iOS 15 will be released today by tech giant Apple. iOS 15 will be available to iPhone users starting today. Apple first unveiled iOS 15 at the Worldwide Developers Conference in June of this year. According to Apple’s website, “iOS 15 brings amazing new features that help you connect, focus, explore and do even more with your iPhone.”
The tech giant recently released a critical software patch to fix a security vulnerability that could allow hackers to directly infect iPhones and other Apple devices without the involvement of the owner. Therefore, all iPhone users who have not yet installed iOS 14.8, should do so as soon as possible.
Apple will release iPad 15 at the same time as iOS 15 on September 12. The company also released the RC build for developers and public beta testers earlier this week, giving them a better look at the final versions of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15.
When will iOS 15 be available?
iOS 15 will be available for download at 10:30 p.m. local time today.
Supported iOS 15 devices
Apple has released a list of compatible devices with the company’s most recent software update.
iPhone 13 Mini
iPhone 13 Pro
iPhone 13 Pro Max
iPhone 12 Mini
iPhone 12 Pro
iPhone 12 Pro Max
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone XS Max
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6S Plus
iPhone SE (first and second generation)
iPod Touch (seventh generation)
Here’s how to update your iPhone, iPad with iOS 15
iPhone or iPad
- Connect your device to the internet and plug it in.
- To update your software, go to Settings General and select Software Update.
- Select “Install Now” from the menu that appears.
- If you see “Download and Install,” click on it to get the latest version.
- Tap “Install Now” after you’ve entered your passcode.
1) New FaceTime features: Apple has added new FaceTime features that allow you to send a link to FaceTime friends and family even if they use Windows or Android. 1 It’s still end-to-end encrypted, so your conversation is just as private and secure as any other FaceTime call.
2) New Memoji: You can now customize your Memoji’s appearance by adding new outfits and stickers to express your feelings. Wear a colorful hat to show off your personal sense of style.
3) If you have multiple photos in Messages, they will now appear as a collage or as a beautiful stack of images that you can swipe through. Alternatively, you can quickly Tapback to a single one to see them all in a grid-like layout. It only takes a few taps to add them to your library as well.
4) Redesigned notifications: Notifications now include contact photos and larger app icons to make them easier to identify.
5) For drivers, Google Maps now provides incredible road details, including a new dedicated driving map that shows current accidents and traffic conditions at a glance.
6) Installing Safari extensions on your iPhone is now possible with iOS 6. Also, just like on a Mac, you have the option of deciding when the extensions are active.
7) Privacy: iOS 15 gives you greater visibility into how apps access your data, protects you from unauthorized data collection, and gives you more control over what you choose to share.
8)iCloud+: Get everything you love about iCloud, plus new features like iCloud Private Relay, Hide My Email and expanded HomeKit Secure Video support. 10
9) Hide My Email: Instantly generate random email addresses that forward to your personal inbox so you don’t have to share your real email address when filling out a web form or signing up for a newsletter. In Mail, Safari, and iCloud Settings, you can turn on Hide My Email.
10) Focus: It’s a tool that lets users customize their notification preferences based on their current activity. You can choose whether or not your phone vibrates or makes a sound based on your current situation. Your iMessage contacts will be notified by the focus of your current status, explaining to them why they have not responded to your texts.
11) The text can be copied and pasted directly from the photo.
12) Additional anti-theft features will be included in iOS 15. It will allow users to track a stolen or lost iPhone even if it has been wiped clean.
Mashable India advised users to download the update on time or a little later to avoid a site crash because, based on past experience, Apple’s servers are overwhelmed by millions of devices trying to download the new update.