In the face of the large shortage of COVID-19 vaccines in India, as part of a third stage of the vaccination drive, the central government has launched vaccination for all adults throughout the country since 1 May. In contrast to phases one and second, walk-ins for residents aged 18 to 45 are not permitted. Vaccine recipients older than 18 will instead have to register on the Aarogya Setu app or CoWIN in India to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. It is a government-imposed mandatory directive. So you’re in the right place if you want to find out how to register to get coronavirus vaccine in India.
Register for Covid 19 vaccine in India
The third vaccination phase begins on 1 May and registration is scheduled to commence on 28 April. In this article, not only are we going to tell you how to register for the vaccine COVID-19 in India, but all you should do on the vaccines. This includes its pricing, the admissibility criterion and the downloading steps. So you can register for COVID-19 in India, if you are 18-45 years of age and look forward to a jab next Month, how to do so?
COVID-19 Register Vaccine for Android and iOS using Aarogya Setu App
Firstly, Install the Aarogya Setu App on your mobiles.
- Now, go to the ‘Vaccines’ tab and open the app. Then enter your mobile number and press ‘Check’ to obtain an OTP before moving to the next step.
- Once the OTP test is completed, enter the required details for the vaccine. Then hit the blue ‘Vaccination schedule’ button (left screenshot). A health center can now be selected by entering your PIN code area to schedule a vaccine appointment.
Note: The app will present a list of recipients associated with that number when your number is registered on Aarogya Setu. You can then select the people you wish to register for vaccinations using the checkboxes next to their names.
Register for Covid 19 Vaccine on CoWIN App on Android
You can also register for the COVID-19 vaccine using the CoWIN central government app. Install or update the CoWIN App on your Android smartphone (download link – Free) to start up.
- Open the application now, enter your mobile number, and tap on ‘Get OTP.’ When you have received this, enter the OTP and tap “Check OTP.”
- Please complete your personal information on the registration page, including your name, gender, year of birth, and more.
- The necessary documents are then uploaded and ‘Register’ is checked. Finally, follow the instructions on the monitor to select and schedule an appointment at the nearby health center.
However, the mobile app appears to have some login problems. It is only 1.6 stars, and we suggest that you visit the CoWIN vaccine registration website for COVID-19 in India.
Registration on CoWIN website
- Go to cowin.gov.in to register on the CoWIN website. Now go to “Find your nearest immunization center.” Enter your PIN-code, choose your location from the options suggested, and click ‘register yourself’ in your search box near the map.
- Then you move to a new vaccination page where you can register. Enter and press “Get OTP” in your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and follow on-screen instructions on the COVID-19 vaccine registration. The information, including name, birth year, and Identification evidence, you need to enter.
Eligibility and Documents Required
As already stated, the third phase of the COVID-19 vaccination drive covers all adults, making them suitable for the shot of every person older than 18 years. You must carry any photo identity issued by Government to the vaccination site, including a driver’s license, Aadhaar Card, or elector’s ID card.
Approved Covid 19 vaccines in India
Three COVID-19 vaccines in India, but only two available at present, have been approved for use. These are two COVID-19 vaccines that you have to know about:
- Azd1222 is the trade name of the COVID-19 vaccine developed in collaboration with AstraZeneca (a British pharmaceutical firm), which is codenamed Azd1222 of Oxford University. This product is manufactured in Pune, Maharashtra by the Serum Institute of India (SII).
- BBV152, Covaxin is an indigenous COVID-19 vaccine developed in partnership with the Indian Council of Medical Research by the Hyderabad-based healthcare company Bharat Biotech (ICMR).
- The Russian vaccine ‘Sputnik V’ was also authorized for emergency use (EUA) in the country. It is most likely in Rs. 750 (~$10) per dose from early May.
Price of Covid 19 vaccine in India
CoviShield and Covaxin prices vary from state to country. It depends also on the location of your vaccination. The price in private hospitals is around Rs. 250 (~$3.50), while public health centers offer it for people over 45 free of charge.
The cost of CoviShield for people under 45 is Rs. 600 (~ $8) for private hospitals and Rs. 1.200 (~ $16) in Covaxin prices for dose. However, they will remain free of charge for all citizens in central government hospitals.
The prices of health centers and hospitals in government ownership depend on government policy. For all residents, including those below 45, the following governments have announced free Vaccination against COVID-19:
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
How to download Covid 19 vaccination certificates
The Aarogya Setu, CoWIN, DigiLocker, and the Using app are available in India for download from the COVID-19 Vaccination certificates. You must satisfy the following criterion to obtain a certificate:
- At least one vaccine dose has been received
- The 14-digit recipient ID must be given.
- The vaccination certificate must be registered with CoWIN to download.
If you are not already, you can easily register with the CoWIN app. If you have a different mobile number than Aarogya Setu and/or DigiLocker for registration on CoWIN, your certificate will need to be validated.
Get Vaccine and stay safe from Covid 19
The only way out of this situation is the second wave of the COVID-19 ravaging India, with fast vaccination for most people. So register and be safe for your jab during these difficult times. In addition, ensure that all WHO and India MoHFW guidelines including regular laundry of hands, mask-wearing, and sanitizing are respected. Finally, try to stay inside without having to go out. You and your loved ones can and will be protected by doing everything above.