Microsoft recently released Windows 11 Preview Build 22000.160 and officially made Windows 11 ISOs available to active users, so now you don’t have to create ISOs from up dump or download incomplete source files. and download the official Windows 11 ISO. And then you can perform a clean install on your computer. Best of all, Microsoft also gives you the option to choose between a development channel and a beta channel. So, without further ado, let’s go ahead and find out how to download the official Windows 11 ISO in just a few steps.
Download Windows 11 ISO Officially (2021)
In this article, we covered the steps to download the Windows 11 Insider Preview ISO. In addition, you can find instructions on how to do a clean install of Windows 11 on your computer in no time. You can skip to the relevant section of the table below.
Download Windows 11 ISO Image from Microsoft’s Website
- First, click this link, and it will take you to the Microsoft Insider Preview downloads page. You will have to sign in with a Microsoft account to proceed further. If you don’t have one, create a Microsoft account then and there.
- Once logged in, scroll down and find the Select Instance section. Click the drop-down menu and select the latest version of Windows 11. You can choose to download the “Dev” or “Beta” version of Windows 11. Builds offer weekly updates and often contain more bugs, while the Beta channel provides monthly updates. … The beta channel is almost stable.
- Next, click on “Confirm” and choose the language from the drop-down menu. Now, click “Confirm” again.
- Finally, you will get a link to download the Windows 11 Client Insider Preview. It will only offer you a 64-bit ISO image as Windows 11 only supports 64-bit architecture. Click on “64-bit Download“, and your Windows 11 ISO file will start downloading right away.
What is the size of Windows 11 ISO file?
Many of you may be wondering: how many GB does the bootable Windows 11 ISO take up? So, we downloaded the official Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft’s website, and the ISO file size for Windows 11 is about 5GB.
How To Perform a Clean Install of Windows 11
1. Insert a USB thumb drive into your PC and launch Rufus (Free). Rufus will detect the USB drive automatically.
2. Next, click on “Select” and choose the Windows 11 ISO image you downloaded in the steps above.
3. After that, keep everything as default and click on “Start” at the bottom.
4. After the flashing process is done, close Rufus and restart your computer. As your PC boots up, start pressing the boot key continuously.
Note: On HP laptops, pressing the “Esc” key during startup brings up the Startup menu. For other laptops and desktops, you will have to look for the boot key on the Internet. It should be one of these: F12, F9, F10, etc.
5. Now, select the USB drive on which you flashed the Windows 11 ISO and hit Enter.
6. You will then boot into the Windows 11 installer setup. Click on “Next -> Install Now -> I don’t have a product key -> Select edition -> Custom”.
7. Here, select the partition where you want to install Windows 11 and click on the “Next” button. Generally, it’s the “C” drive.
8. And that’s it. A fresh copy of Windows 11 will now be installed on your PC.
9. After the installation, when the computer restarts, unplug the USB thumb drive, and you will boot right into Windows 11’s brand new onboarding (OOBE) setup. Now, go ahead and set up Windows 11.
10. There you have it. Windows 11 Insider Preview running on your PC. And yes, you will continue to receive Windows 11 Insider updates.
Download Windows 11 ISO Image From Microsoft Right Now
So that is how you can download the Windows 11 ISO image officially from Microsoft’s website. To make things easier, we have also added steps to clean install Windows 11 on any PC. If you have any questions, comment down below and let us know. We will try to help you out.
Images courtesy: beebom