Like most other online social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc., Clubhouse also gives you the option to deactivate or delete your account on iPhone and Android devices. You can also disable your social media profile in the clubhouse. Corporate (or paid) account holders can also delete their organizations or specific workstations in the club, but doing so is beyond the scope of this article.
Delete Clubhouse Account on Android and iOS (2021)
In this article, we will show you how to delete or deactivate your Clubhouse account on Android and iOS, and describe the steps required to permanently delete your Clubhouse account and all data related to audio-based social platforms. In addition, if you want to know how to disable social media profiles and delete club contacts, we have also covered these basics. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Steps to Deactivate Clubhouse Account Permanently
The process of deleting your club account is the same on Android and iOS. We will show you the steps to delete or disable it on your Android device, so just follow these steps:
- Open the Clubhouse app and tap on your profile avatar at the top-right. Then, tap on the gear icon at the top-right corner of the next page to open the Settings menu.
2. On the Settings page, tap on “Account“. Next, select “Deactivate Account” to set the deletion process in motion.
3. You will now see the standard clubhouse account suspension warning and what this means for your account. We encourage you to confirm your action by clicking “I understand. Disable account” below.
How to Delete Clubhouse Account on Android and iPhone
After deactivating the clubhouse account, it will be completely hidden in the app. The company stated that you can log in again within 30 days to restore or reactivate. If you choose to do this, your account will return to normal and be visible to others. In the application If you do not log in within 30 days, Clubhouse will permanently delete your account.
How to Delete Clubhouse Data
Although the above process prevents you from accessing your account, Clubhouse will continue to store your details. This is because although other social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok allow users to delete account information from app or website settings, Clubhouse does not allow it. As of June 2021, the only way to permanently delete your data is to request a clubhouse to manually completely remove support.
How to Verify Email ID in Clubhouse (Android, iOS)
Please be sure to confirm your email address before requesting deletion of your account. Clubhouse will only delete accounts with verified email addresses. To verify your club email address:
- Open the Clubhouse app and tap on your profile avatar at the top right corner. If you are yet to verify your email ID, you will see an “@” icon (with a red dot) at the top. Tap on that to start the verification process.
2. Now enter your email ID in the pop-up dialog box and tap on “Verify“. You will now receive an email with a verification link. Tap on “OK” to close the pop-up.
Check your email inbox and click on the verification link to verify your email ID. You can now send a request for account deletion to Clubhouse support using the link above.
How to Remove Social Media Profiles from Clubhouse Account
If you just want to unlink your social media profile and the app, you don’t need to delete your clubhouse account. You can delete your social media profile from your clubhouse account by following the instructions below. If you have linked your social media profile with Clubhouse, please go to “Settings”> “Accounts”> “Disable Twitter/Instagram” and select “Disable Twitter” or “Disable Instagram”
Delete Clubhouse Account on Your iPhone or Android Device with Ease!
Until a few weeks ago, you had to email Clubhouse to delete or deactivate your account, but the company’s recent update has made this easier, and you can now choose to do so in Settings. Disable or delete your club account and tell us what you don’t like about the app.