India opened registrations for the COVID19 vaccine earlier this year. More than 13.26 million citizens have been fully vaccinated to date, and nearly 46 million Indians have received their first dose of the vaccine, according to government statistics. Now to simplify the vaccination window. During the booking process, the Government of India has authorized the booking of COVID19 vaccinations on WhatsApp. In this article, you will learn how to book COVID19 vaccination using WhatsApp in India.
Book COVID-19 Vaccination Slots on WhatsApp in India (2021)
1. To get started, you should add MyGov Corona Helpdesk chatbot as a contact. The contact number is +91 9013151515. Alternatively, you can use this direct link to access the chatbot on WhatsApp. When the link opens, tap on “Continue to Chat”, and you will be redirected to WhatsApp.
Note: Before we proceed further, I would like to point out that you can’t register for the COVID-19 vaccine through WhatsApp. Instead, you will have to visit the Cowin website to register and add members. The process involves adding basic details and a government-issued photo ID.
2. Then send “Book Slot” as a message and enter the 6-digit one-time password that you received via SMS. Specifically, you must enter the number you used to apply for the coronavirus vaccine. If your WhatsApp number does not match the number you used to register your COVID, you will be prompted to enter your registered number.
3. You will now see a list of all the members you have added to your Cowin account. To book the vaccination slot for a specific member, type the number mapped to them in the WhatsApp message. In my case, it’s ‘1’. After picking the beneficiary, tap the “Search by pincode” button from the next message to search for a vaccination center by pincode.
4. You can now choose to view free vaccines, paid vaccines, or both. You can tap on “Any” to view both free and paid ones. If you are trying to book the slot for your first vaccine shot, you will also see an option to pick the vaccination type.
5. Next, you need to enter the PIN for your region. The chatbot will show you the available centers near you, as well as the date and number of doses. Enter the number next to the date to reserve vaccinations. As shown in the image below, if you would like to reserve a seat for August 25th, please send message “2” to the chatbot.
6. You will then receive the confirmation message for your Coronavirus vaccination slot in India. After confirmation, you can visit the vaccination center on the scheduled date and time to get your vaccine dose.
Use MyGov Corona Helpdesk to Book Vaccination Slots on WhatsApp
So, that’s how you can use the MyGov Corona Helpdesk chatbot to book vaccination slots on WhatsApp.